SecurityNet.global (“our Site”) and the services available through it are operated by SNG Security Ltd (referred to as “we”, “us” and “our”). We are a company registered in England under company number 10811195 and have our registered office at 30 Charlotte Street, Manchester M14EX, United Kingdom.
Information we may collect from you, why we need it and how we use it
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- What data we collect: When you register we will collect your username, email address, and password (encrypted), and your corresponding SecurityNet activation license number.
- Why we need this data: We will need your username and password in order to provide you with access to the web based control panel and to our downloadable SecurityNet software. We will need your email address in case you forget your password or wish to receive email newsletters. If you do not use any of our services, we shall store this data for up to two years.. If you continue to use one of our services, we will store your registration data for as long as you are using one of our services or have an active account, and for up to two years after that. We may keep your registration data for an extended period as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- How we use this data: we use this data to provide our services to you, prevention of fraud and abuse. From time to time we may email you news, updates and sales offers which you can easily opt out of receiving by clicking the “unsubscribe” in the relevant email.
When you contact us:
If you contact us through our website for any reason we will generally store these communications for up to 6 months, unless we are required, for legal reasons or under exceptional circumstances, to retain this information for an extended period. Where you contact our staff members outside of our helpdesk (e.g. using their individual corporate email addresses), we may store your communication for as long as necessary to provide you services or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- If you opt to pay for use of our services, we will use a third party payment processor to take payment from you. These third parties are properly regulated and authorised to handle your payment information and are prohibited from using your personal information for promotional purposes or for any other purposes other than providing these services to us.
- What data we collect: We collect payment information, which will vary depending on the payment method chosen by you, but may include your name, address and credit card information. We never handle or store complete credit card numbers, as this is done on our behalf by our payment processors.
- Why we need this data: We store this information as we require a record of your payment for accounting purposes and to manage your account. We may also use your payment information to detect and prevent fraud. If you continue to use one of our services, we will store your payment data for as long as you are using one of our services or have an active account, and for up to two years after that. We may keep your payment data for an extended period as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- What data we collect: We will hold your IP address when you connect and disconnect to our SecurityNet service together with the corresponding IP address of your individual SecurityNet contact used by you only for a maximum of 60 seconds while connections between you and your contact are being negotiated. We do not store details of, or monitor, the IP addresses you connect to when using our SecurityNet service.
- A daily Activity Log is stored on YOUR computer which records connection times and file transfers between you and your correspondent. This log is for your own records and for debugging purposes in the event of a technical issue. It is your responsibility to keep or delete this data according to your own requirements. It is never stored on our servers.
We will not share any of your data with anyone except in the circumstances referred to in section 5 (Disclosure of Your Information).
We use the following cookies:
- Google Analytics cookies: __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz. These cookies allow us to count page visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site, using a service provided by Google Analytics. For more information please visit: http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
- Login cookies: PHPSESSID, CAKEPHP. We use these cookies so you remain logged in when you are using your account.
- Landind Page cookies: SN_Name, SN_Email. e use these to pass your name and emaill address from our advertising pages back to SecurityNet when you download the Free Trial. These are automatically deleted after use.
Where we store your personal data
When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Disclosure of your information
We do not share or sell your personal information to third parties.
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of service and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or our safety, our users, or others.
If we receive a report from any person or organisation (including law enforcement) that leads us to suspect that your account has been used in connection with any wrong-doing, we may at our discretion suspend your account, but we will not disclose any personal information that may identify you unless we are legally compelled to do so.
Access to information
The UK Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of 10GBP to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. To make an access request please email email@example.com.
You may also correct, update, or delete your personal information by making the change on your account page or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Social Media Widgets
Changes to This Policy
Updated: June 2017